What do I need to know BEFORE beginning Invisalign?
What is Invisalign
Invisalign™ is a modern appliance system that allows patients to have a virtually invisible treatment option for your orthodontic care. Invisalign™ is a custom made series of plastic trays, or aligners, that you wear over your teeth. You place the aligner in yourself and each aligner has a specific amount of tooth movement built in. We design and customize every treatment plan specifically for you and your orthodontic needs. If you are interested in Invisalign™, you have come to the right place! Strickland Orthodontics is the leading Invisalign™ provider in south Alabama and has the experience and knowledge to help you achieve your best smile. Invisalign™ can be used for simple, rotated teeth to very complex treatments that also require jaw surgery. Even if you have been told that you may not be candidate for Invisalign™ but are interested, we may be able to make it possible.
Are all Invisalign plans the same?
Absolutely not! Any certified dentist can order aligners, but the comfort, success, and ultimately the quality of the orthodontic care is 100% controlled by the provider planning your care. You need to feel confident in the provider you select to ensure that they will be able to provide you the experience and outcome you desire. We have been using aligners in our practice for almost 20 years and can treat all types of malocclusion with aligners. If you have any questions about your specific concerns, let us know and we can show you examples of similar treatments and the wonderful outcomes that we can achieve.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A PREMIER PREFERRED PROVIDER?
Invisalign™ will recognize orthodontists that have shown exceptional rates of success with their product by identifying them as Premier Preferred Providers. Dr. Strickland has been very successful with minor to very complex orthodontic treatments using Invisalign™ and is the only Premier Preferred Provider in Baldwin County or Mobile County, AL. You can rest assured that you will be getting exceptional results with your Invisalign™ treatment at Strickland Orthodontics!
IS INVISALIGN™ RIGHT FOR ME?
Have you been interested in straightening your teeth, improving your smile, or fixing your bite but lack excitement about having traditional fixed braces? While Invisalign™ treatment does require a greater level of patient compliance and responsibility, it can be a great choice for many patients. Schedule your complimentary consultation and we can draw on our experience and discuss if Invisalign™ is the best treatment option for you or your child.
DOES INVISALIGN™ REALLY WORK?
Yes! Invisalign™ has been used to provide orthodontic care to over 3 million patients! While Invisalign™ is a type of orthodontic treatment, it is also very different from traditional treatment options. Experience is very important in being able to use Invisalign™ effectively to achieve your best smile. Strickland Orthodontics is the leading Invisalign™ provider in south Alabama and we would love to use our expertise and experience to allow you the option of Invisalign™ to achieve your Strickland Smile!
WHAT ADVANTAGES DOES INVISALIGN™ HAVE FOR MY SMILE?
- You can have a healthy and beautiful smile with minimal impact on your appearance and lifestyle.
- No dietary restrictions! You can still eat whatever foods you enjoy and won’t have to take a break from delicious whole apples and raw carrots!
- Special occasion? No problem! You can remove your “braces” for special occasions or gatherings.
- Virtually invisible! Even with the aligners in, many of your friends and family will not notice that you are in orthodontic treatment.
- Better oral healthcare. Invisalign™ allows you to brush and floss your teeth normally. It is easier and takes less time to keep your teeth and gums healthier.
- More comfortable. Aligners consist of smooth, comfortable plastic that is less likely to cause irritation or emergency visits.
- Emergencies? No, thank you! Because the aligners are smooth and do not glue to your teeth, there is very little chance of having irritation or anything coming loose. Keep enjoying your life and any sports without the worry of unscheduled appointments.
- More Convenient! Invisalign™ has less impact on your busy schedule because we will only need to see you once every 8 to 16 weeks, which means missing less work and school.
- Increased efficiency. Because each tooth is moved independently of the other teeth, most treatments can actually be treated with Invisalign™ faster than traditional braces.
- We have about a 30-40% reduction in average treatment time!
We always want to educate all of our patients that Invisalign™ is a tool and can have many advantages for many people. These advantages can allow many people the opportunity to enjoy the benefits a beautiful smile that they would not be able to achieve otherwise. However, it is not the best tool for everyone and based on your desired outcomes and lifestyle fixed braces might be a better option for you and your family. We want you to know we are here for you and have the expertise and team to make sure you achieve the smile of your dreams no matter what system works best for you! If you have any questions about Invisalign™ or how you could benefit from orthodontic care, please call or text us anytime! We would love to discuss how we can improve your smile!